Monday, January 28, 2013

This Week

I don't have anything actually Compsci related to write about. Tuesday we were just doing the same thing we were doing last week, which I really can't write another blog post about, because that would be stupid. Then, I was out on a field trip Thursday, so I don't have anything to say about what we did then. Instead, I'm going to write about that field trip. The two APES classes got to go out to the Lost Pines for the entire school day and plant baby pine trees in areas that had been severely burned during the fire there a while back. Overall, it was fun, but the hundreds of fire ant nests (seriously, every single tree stump had some fire ants next to it) were very annoying, and carrying around the 18 pound hunk of metal we were using to dig the holes to put the seedlings in got tiring. Overall, we planted 1572 baby pine trees, which means we planted the most out of any previous group, despite also being the smallest group.

No comments:

Post a Comment