Monday, March 18, 2013

Blog Post

I like sorting pretty well. I mean, it's not my favorite thing in programming ever, but its still fun. The thing I like best about it, funnily enough, is also the thing I think is the most pointless about it, that there are so many different kinds. Working on all of the different kinds of sorts, with each one doing things its own way is enjoyable, because it means there are so many different methods of attack to sorting something. On the other hand, they do seem fairly redundant to me. I mean, they're nice, and each one does have its own niche where it works best, but on the other hand all they're all doing is sorting. There are specific situations where one just won't work and you need to use another, but the main difference between them seems to be relative efficiency. That is important, and it is a good reason for having so many different kinds of sorts, but at the scales of data we're working with in class it seems very minor, unless you do what other Sam tried to do with  some kind of weird bogo sort except not that nearly crashed java. As for Finches, I don't really have anything to say, mainly because we did Finches in computer programming last year, and not a whole lot has changed since then. We didn't even really use the Finches, to be honest, we just used them to gather data, which we then sorted. Seeing as I just spent a fair amount of time talking about sorting, I don't feel the need to go over that part again. My Spring Break was pretty good, even if I didn't do very much. One thing I did finally do was watch Looper, that action movie where Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-levitt played the same guy because time travel. I had been meaning to ever since I heard of it because the premise of Bruce Willis as a time travelling assassin sounds awesome, and I did last week. It was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment