Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Problem Solving

I really liked the problem solving. Not only did it involve math, which makes it automatically fun, but it made me think outside the box. The last problem in particular required you to look at it a little differently than you ordinarily would. I think that process would have been made easier if the description of the problem was a little clearer (the existence of multiple movers with which to stack the blocks was only really mentioned in passing, so I spent about 10 minutes trying to figure it out before I noticed). Still, I like thinking, and I like thinking creatively about things even better. The way in which you had to look at it before doing the problem, however, just created another problem in explaining it to your group. Attempting to use visual aids and verbal explanations to help them work out the problem a couple times over was frustrating, but in the end it worked, so I can't really complain. I suppose that's just what happens when people with two very different learning styles try to teach each other. A whole lot of confusion and not much progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment