Monday, October 31, 2011

Blog Post!

Well, I hope everyone had a good Halloween weekend. I personally spent it at the museum looking at arthropods, and then watching the shining while eating s'mores, so I'd consider it a weekend well spent. I'm not really sure as to what else I have to say, to be honest. The random and input variables are just a continuation on Scratch, and I talked about what I liked and disliked about that last post. I suppose I do like it much better now that we have those statements, because it gives a lot more freedom to the programmer. Instead of the program only reacting in one, preset way every single time, we can now make them react different ways, sometimes in completely random ways in different situations. In addition, the inputs help give a level of interaction that's much more useful (and enjoyable) than just clicking the start button and watching it go through its motions. It means that changing the way the program acts can happen in the middle of running it, provided you anticipated needing to change something. So, I guess they're helpful in that they give greater control to whoever's running the program, to sum it up. I suppose that's enough to make them worth learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment